I love making mini versions of pretty much anything. Everything is cuter when it’s miniature size. The kids will love making these adorable mini kites using only a few ‘ingredients’ most of which you might already have lying around the house. If not you can pick up all of the below in your nearest Art & Hobby Shop or local craft shop.
Here’s what you will need:
- Ice Lolly Sticks
- Paint & Paintbrush
- Pretty Patterned Craft Paper/Old wallpaper or wrapping paper
- White Card
- Craft Bows
Here’s how to make them
1. To start we need to make the structure of the kite. Take two Ice pop sticks and paint them in the colour of your choice and leave to dry.
2. Place the two ice lolly sticks onto the hite card in an ‘x’ shape. This will form the centre part of the kite. Glue these in place to the card
3. With a ruler and a pencil trace the outline of a kite ‘diamond’ shape around the outside of the ice lolly sticks onto the card.
4. Once you are happy with the shape cut it out.
5. Trace the outside of the card onto the patterned paper of your choice and glue it to the card.
6. Staple some coloured string/twine to the bottom of the kite and decorate with craft bows.