You don’t have to be a master baker to try this. It’s as easy as it looks. All you need is one round cake tin and one square tin. I originally saw a picture on Pinterest of this idea so I can’t take credit for this clever idea!
I used a normal fairy cake recipe but just made a slightly larger amount than what I would normally make when making fairy cakes.
Cake: (Make this twice one for each tin)
5 tablespoons of Self Raising Flour
5 tablespoons of caster sugar
150g of margarine.
125g of butter
6 tablespoons of icing sugar
Red food colouring
Hundreds and Thousands.
What else you will need:
Two cake tins (One round and one square)
Wire Tray for cooling
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6.
2) Grease your two tins with butter.
3) Put the sugar, eggs, margarine and flour into the bowl and whisk for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth.
4) Spoon your mixture into your cake tin.
5) Repeat step two to make the mixture for the second tin.
6) Bake in the oven for approx 25-35 minutes until the cakes are golden brown.
7) Cool on a wire tray or a tea towel.
8) In the meantime whisk the butter and icing sugar and add a drop of red food colouring to make pink butter cream.
9) When your cakes are dry cut the round cake in half.
10) Place your square cake at a diamond angle and place your two half circles on either side.
11) Decorate your cake with your pink butter cream icing and hundreds and thousands.